We look forward to welcoming everyone back and seeing everyone we have missed!!
In the wake of the COVID -19 Virus many changes must be made to our normal standard operating procedures to follow guidelines on social distancing and sanitation procedures outlined by the CDC, OSHA, The New York State Board of Cosmetology, and guidelines recommended by the federal government. We are outlining some of the coming changes here for you as a consumer and our part as well, being service providers in a close proximity profession. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you have any concerns about procedures or protocols of any and all services provided by the licensed technicians and licensed therapists here at Luna Mesa Day Spa.The Re-Opening Experience.
As soon as we are allowed to re-open we will make every effort to contact those who were in the schedule since the closure took effect on March 21, 2020 and get those clients rescheduled. We will be contacting everyone who left messages on the voicemail or through the contact portal on this website.
Front Entrance and Lobby Areas:
- We will remove all unnecessary items such as magazines, newspapers, service menus, any other unnecessary paper products, and decor. We will wipe down all seats and tables; cloth chairs that cannot be properly cleaned and disinfected, and may use a plastic cover on seating options.
- The reception desk will be wiped with disinfectant. We may consider discontinuing the use of paper appointment books or cards and replace with electronic options.
- Font Desk Employees will frequently wash their hands after using the phones, computer, cash register, and/or credit card machine. Surfaces will be wiped between each use.
- We will clean and disinfect all retail areas, daily, including products. We all will try to avoid touching products for purchase.
- We will clean and wipe all door handles and other surfaces that are regularly touched by clients and staff with disinfectant wipes constantly during the day.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues will be provided for employees and guests.
- We will provide placement of visible and appropriate signage to communicate to the customer that thorough sanitation procedures are in place.
- We will consider the placement of sneeze shields in high traffic areas.
We will be seeing clients by appointment only in order to properly sanitize between clients. We may limit the number of persons in the waiting area. It is recommended that clients wait outside the spa in their vehicle until the therapist is ready to take them directly to the treatment room/table and is ready to serve them. It is recommended that persons not being serviced wait outside the spa. We cannot be used for social gathering places.
We may choose to limit our working hours until we are allowed to open at greater than 50% capacity as stated by the Governor of NY.Maintain social distancing at all times
Spacing between persons in the facility will be at least six feet, except when staff are servicing clients. We will consider additional spacing between work stations, divider shields, and/or alternate work schedules to accomplish this.Temperature checks
The use of a touchless infrared thermometer to check the temperature of employees each day and of each guest who enters the spa will be implemented. Any employee or guest who has a temperature above 100°F will be sent home immediately and not allowed to return to the spa until they have no fever and no evidence of COVID-19 symptoms.Each client entering the facility will be asked the following questions and more; we have an extensive questionnaire from one of our professional organizations:
- Have you had a cough?
- Have you had a fever,
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined? Etc Etc….
- Luna Mesa Day Spa has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to reopening. We have disinfected all surfaces, tools, and linens since we have closed.
- We use disinfectants that are EPA –registered and labeled as bactericidal, virucidal, and fungicidal. No product will be labeled for COVID-19 yet, but many will have human coronavirus efficacy either on the label or available on their website. The EPA has approved any product that has tested as effective against human coronavirus.
- Disinfectant for immersion of tools will be mixed daily and replaced sooner if it becomes contaminated throughout the work day. Disinfectant only works on a clean surface, so all surfaces and tools will be cleaned with hot soapy water or cleaning wipes before disinfecting.
- Contact time on the label must be observed for the disinfectant to work. Contact time refers to how long the disinfectant is visibly wet on the surface allowing it to thoroughly destroy all of the pathogens. The typical contact time for immersion/sprays is 10 minutes, for disinfectant wipes is 2 minutes.
- Disinfection is for hard non-porous surfaces, glass metal, and plastic.
- Porous/soft surfaces cannot be disinfected and must only be used once and then discarded (tools such as cardboard files, buffers, etc.) We normally offer to allow you to take the disposable files and buffers home, but they will be now be disposed of.
- All linens, towels, and laundry are professionally laundered.
- The use of masks is mandatory. We will minimize to the greatest degree possible, up-close, direct face-to-face contact with clients.
- We will clean and disinfect all work area surfaces. We will clean and disinfect all reusable tools and store them in an airtight closed container. As well as, clean and disinfect all appliances, cuticle pushers, clippers, rolling carts, and any other items used in connection with servicing clients.
- We will ensure all products such as lotions, creams, waxes, and scrubs have always been in a closed container, if not they will be discarded and replaced.
- We will clean and disinfect all linen hampers and trash containers and only use such containers that can be closed and use with liners that can be removed and discarded.
- We will provide hand sanitizer at all work locations for employees and clients.
- We will implement station barriers between work stations.
- We will provide clean and disinfected restroom surfaces including floors, sinks, and toilet bowls. Store paper products in a closed cabinet and provide antibacterial hand soap.
- We remove all parts that can be removed.
- We clean all removed parts with soap and water, rinse in clear water, and then immerse into properly diluted disinfectant for full recommended contact time
- We scrub the bowl with soap and water and replace removed parts into the bowl.
- We rinse the bowl with clean water.
- We fill the bowl again with clean water and the proper amount of disinfectant and let stand for proper time (at least 10 minutes) and allow the air impellers to run for a full 10 minutes with disinfectant.
- Wearing masks: All employees will be required to wear masks at all times. Clients must wear face masks to the extent possible while receiving services.
- Face Shields: May be recommended that employees wear face shields when servicing clients for certain services.
- Gloves: All employees may wear disposable gloves when servicing clients and change gloves between each client for certain services.
- Robes: Each client for multiple services will be offered a laundered clean robe. Robes are laundered following the fabric recommendations between clients.
- Hand-washing with soapy, warm water, for a minimum of 30 seconds will be required by employees between every client service.
- Employee clothing: Employees must arrive at the facility showered and wearing clean uniforms. Employees should change clothes before entering their homes when they return from work.
- Laundered Items: All linens, towels, pillowcases, hand towels, washcloths, and eye coverings are changed between each client. These used items are cleaned and disinfected or discarded in a closed container.
- Employees who are sick will be expected to stay home.
- Spa managers will provide training, educational materials, and reinforcement on proper sanitation, hand-washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, using PPE, and other protective behaviors.
- Spa managers may stagger appointments when possible to allow time between clients.
- Spa managers will post handwashing signs in the restrooms.
- Spa managers will provide alcohol wipes for use at various stations and/or the front desk lobby areas.
- Spa may be flexible with work schedules and hours to reduce the number of people (employees and clients) in the facility at all times in order to maintain social distancing.
- Spa will ensure that all sinks in the workplace have antibacterial soap available and paper towels.
- Spa will provide Barbicide® or EPA disinfectant wipes, liquid disinfectant containers, and Barbicide® concentrate/or EPA approved disinfectant for disinfecting technical implements and work areas.